Publisher: G. Schirmer
He uses tonality like a collage artist; different events exist in contrasting keys, but with a sharply delineated, entrancing clarity.
- 2009 World premiere of Souvenirs by the Vienna Chamber Orchestra
- 2009 World premiere by Pittsburgh Symphony and Angela Brown of song cycle A Woman's Life with poetry of Maya Angelou
- 2007 New York City Opera presents Margaret Garner
- 2005 Margaret Garner premiered to high acclaim at the Michigan Opera Theatre, Cincinnati Opera and Opera Company of Philadelphia
- 2001 Awarded Fellowship and Residency at the American Academy in Berlin
- 1996 Award from the Amerian Academy of Arts and Letters